12 month contract – Brand PR Manager
Published: 14 May 2018
My client is a well-loved food retailer who is looking to appoint a Brand PR Manager to cover a 12 month maternity leave contract.
The role will have a focus on Events and Campaigns and you will be responsible for defining and delivering a calendar of events that builds credibility of the company’s offering in the minds of journalists and influencers, ensuring a level of coverage that delivers a positive ROI on their investment.
As a key member of the company’s marketing department this role will also play a key part in delivering a joined up PR, social and content plan amplifying their broader marketing campaigns across the year, while also taking line management responsibility.
- Planning, delivery and review of all key PR (and influencer) events.
- Work with the wider team to plan and execute campaign led PR /experiential activity as part of a holistic PR, social and content plan.
- Manage agency relationships.
- Take line manager responsibility.
- Support the wider PR and marketing team at busy times as required
- Build effective internal relationships to ensure the business understands the value of events and PR campaigns and provides timely information and support as required.
TECHNICAL SKILLS & QUALIFACTIONS
- Presentation skills
- Brief writing
- Professional qualifications from CIPR or relevant body desirable
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with people of varying seniority (internal) or background (external)
- Proven ability to be persuasive, resilient and able to handle criticism in a positive and constructive manner
- Demonstrate sound judgement and ability to make quick decisions that will impact positively on the brand
- Show confidence in leading external agencies to ensure they provide the best possible output at all times