12 month contract – Sports PR Account Manager – Manchester/ Cheshire
Published: 4 January 2021
Location: Manchester/ Cheshire
Salary: £25 - £28K
My client is a global marketing agency that has recently won a high profile national sports event client account. As such are looking for a talented PR Account Manager with excellent media relations skills to join the team for a fixed 12 month contract. Depending on the agency’s overall growth, there might be the opportunity for a permanent role at the end of the contract. It’s an exciting opportunity to work on a high profile project, driving coverage via the national press and broadcast.
Working logistics are that currently the role is home based and once restrictions are lifted you will have the option to work either full time or part time in the agency’s Manchester or Cheshire offices.
As a key member of the PR team you’ll work primarily on a major sporting event which takes place across the UK in 2021. You’ll be responsible for developing and delivering the strategy to build awareness of the event, ensuring your press releases gain maximum coverage and inspire and excite the UK public in equal measure.
Specifically duties will include:
• Building relationships with the client and acting as a key point of contact throughout the project.
• Producing well written and relevant press releases that build awareness and interest in the event.
• Building relationships with key media contacts (national press, lifestyle and broadcast) to sell in stories and ensure high levels of exposure for the client throughout 2021.
• Overseeing a small team, providing support and direction to ensure all work is completed on time to a high standard.
Required experience includes:
• Previous B2C PR experience gained within an agency environment is essential. Experience working with Sport / Leisure clients would be advantageous.
• Media Relations experience working with national press and broadcast partners.
• Exceptional writing skills.
• Highly developed organisational skills and excellent attention to detail.
• Experience leading and developing others.