12 month maternity contract – PR Account Manager
Published: 4 January 2019
My client is an integrated agency based in lovely Leeds, covering everything from PR, social media and digital to photography, design and video, all under one roof.
They have been helping organisations to build memorable brand identities and bring products to market for over 15 years.
They are looking for an Account Manager (AM) for a 12-month contract to cover maternity leave.
The client balance is probably 60% B2B and 40% B2C at the moment but it frequently changes. Notable client sectors include – Hospitality, FMCG, Manufacturing and Auto/motive supply. Ideally candidates do need to have some B2B PR experience, under their belt
Main responsibilities will include:
- Support team members
- Proactively suggest and pitch opportunities for clients
- Ensure the PR strategy is implemented
- Copywriting – press releases, features, marketing collateral, website copy etc.
- Liaise with clients and ensure all requests are dealt with
- Prepare for and attend client meetings, draft contact reports where no AE is present or review report where the AE has drafted it
- Manage press photoshoots for clients
- Manage social media accounts for clients
- Monthly reporting
o Manage AE to ensure coverage books are updated and client ready
o Manage and review AE’s updates to coverage and social media stats
o Compile activity reports and monthly forecasts
- Manage AE to ensure forward features calendars are updated
- Media relations
o Sell in and follow up press releases
o Pitch for upcoming features and draft synopses
- Support with new business proposals
- Work with the wider client services team on integrated accounts.