B2B PR Account Manager
Published: 3 January 2020
Location: East Manchester
Salary: £26 - £30K
Multi-award winning East Manchester PR agency is looking to appoint a new PR Account Manager to work on a mix of environmental and Food clients.
The successful candidate will draw on a solid agency background in B2B. You should be used to taking a lead on client accounts, have a strategic flair and have a proven track record of upselling, managing a team and achieving stretching targets. My client is looking for someone who is ambitious and ready to take on the next challenge.
In return they offer the chance to lead on meaningful and rewarding accounts in the environment and food sectors and really make a difference. It goes without saying that they offer a competitive salary dependant on experience, plus pension, healthcare and discretionary bonus and profit share along with a variety of in-house training and development opportunities and a great place to work just outside Manchester, in the heart of beautiful Saddleworth.
Job purpose: To help identify, win and manage client accounts.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Create and implement PR plans for clients; directly or through others
- Understand clients’ business plans and offer strategic communications advice
- Manage and implement strategic and tactical activities on client accounts
- Ensure content creation and delivery via appropriate channels
- Find opportunities for client publicity on an ongoing basis and provide accurate and timely advice
- Update client and team on performance (such as financial budgets, time and plan) using appropriate media such as status reports, review meetings etc.
- Manage staff and associates at all levels
- Monitor and improve the performance of self and team to achieve goals
- Provide clear, timely and accurate information to managers
- Develop partnerships and effective relationships
- Liaise with clients, maintaining strong relationships and upselling
- Maintain cpd by attending externally organised conferences and seminars where appropriate and through monitoring publications, reports, websites etc. as necessary
- Keep abreast of client issues in the media through monitoring publications, websites etc.
- Seek feedback from clients and colleagues
- Support the recruitment and development of new staff.
- Initiate and develop strong relationships with associates and suppliers
Person Specification Essential to Role
- Proven professional and relevant experience
- Experienced in managing multiple projects to time and budget
- Experienced in communicating to a wide range of audiences through a range of media and events
- Skilled writer, content creator
- Experienced in digital marketing, using analytics and social media platforms
- Willingness and ability to travel and work away from home as required.