B2B PR Account Manager – Senior Account Manager
Published: 20 June 2020
Salary: £25 - £35K
Due to new business wins this Global B2B PR agency is on the lookout for a highly motivated Account Manager – Senior Account Manager. The role will involve working on a number of UK and international life science, materials science technology and industrial clients.
The role will cover both PR and marketing, although strong B2B copy/content writing are essential (the role will involve technical writing), so it is likely the individual is likely to come from a PR background.
As a lot of the agency’s clients are international (they have clients all over Europe, Asia & USA), you might be asked to travel overseas on occasions. Also language skills are valued but not essential.
You will be a key member of the team working on, driving and managing a portfolio of clients. You will make a strong contribution to key business objectives through integrated B2B campaigns and support the Account Director with the management of clients.
Proficient in PR and marketing skills, you will act as a trainer to junior consultants and interns and also oversee and monitor their workload. You will play a key role in winning new business and will have an understanding of the budget implications of their actions.
For Senior Account Manager candidates, you should be a capable and confident operator who has a thorough understanding of the required media and communication skills and be fully in control of the media tools available to create the required media coverage in all PR areas. You will oversee an account, taking responsibility for managing, planning, execution and results with the team.
The role will involve developing strategies and activities for clients alongside the senior directors and oversee execution, quality controlling all aspects of the clients’ programmes and relationship with the agency.
• A thorough understanding of the value and importance of PR in the overall communications/marketing mix
• Strong understanding of digital and new marketing strategies, tools channels and trends
• Deep knowledge of client sectors, industries, businesses and competitors / market context
• Ability to understand clients’ strategic challenges and provide advice on marketing / PR solutions
• Strong familiarity with all agency processes and procedures and consistent compliance / monitoring of junior team members
• Understanding of role of research and insight in the PR and marketing mix
• Knowledge of different challenges and techniques used in b2b sales processes – and how marketing can support / add value
• Looking out for opportunities to grow the media horizons of the client