B2B Regional Marketing & Communications Manager
Published: 16 September 2019
My client is a B2B/Corporate membership organisation that promotes, develops and supports its members in their chosen industry.
They currently have a new regional Marketing and Communications Manager opportunity based in their Lancashire office. They are looking for someone with professional service, accountancy, trade association or financial marketing experience.
- To manage and oversee the marketing and communications for UK Regions and to line manage the UK Regions marketing team.
- Prepare strategic marketing and communications plans for all regional & local events and initiatives to drive member engagement and brand awareness.
- Provide PR support, including identifying opportunities for regional and local coverage, writing media releases, liaising with the central Communications team and building relationships with relevant media bodies and individuals.
- To co-ordinate all collateral for UK Regions, ensuring a consistent approach, with a focus on the member experience.
- Oversee the social media activity for UK Regions, regionally and locally and to identify any potential issues, as required. Individual will possess the skillset to provide guidance on best practice and training to Regional Executives as required.
- To oversee the brand across all UK Regions’ marketing and communications outputs, ensuring the brand guidelines are adhered to in all instances.
- Identifying innovative marketing activities to increase member engagement, particularly around the use of content.
- Managing the copywriting support provided to the UK Regions’ team.
- An experienced marketing manager and with previous experience of managing a marketing and communications team.
- Experience and knowledge of accountancy sector / professional services sector marketing preferable.
- Ability to take a strategic approach to marketing and communications planning, ensuring objectives are met.
- Ability to execute and deliver strategic marketing plans and plan the necessary resource.
- A thorough understanding and working experience of multi-channel marketing.
- Previous PR and communications experience, ideally with existing contacts in regional/local relevant
- A thorough understanding of brand.
- A good standard of education, with relevant marketing qualifications, ideally CIM ACIM/MICIM.
- A thorough understanding of the principles of GDPR and its impact on marketing and communications and ability to work within the regulations.
- Overall knowledge of current affairs and regional business issues is desirable.
- Effective promotional ideas and communications/marketing experience for target audiences.
- Strong copywriting skills, with the ability to write for varied target audiences.
- Excellent organisational skills – must be able to multi-task and manage workload and that of their team, planning resources accordingly.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team orientated and values collaborative working across teams and departments.
- Self-motivated with ability to work under own initiative.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Able to travel (own transport required) as and when required to UK locations, including overnight stays within the UK.
- Confident, positive and can-do attitude – this is a stakeholder-facing role which requires a professional approach