Communications Manager – 3 to 6 month contract
Published: 5 October 2018
Salary: £37K pro rata
My client is a public sector organisation, based near Preston, who is on the lookout for a Communications Officer/Manager to join their team for a 3 to 6 month contract.
What will you be doing?
- Developing high quality communications strategies and plans, utilising all appropriate channels and digital tools.
- Drive forward the proactive and reactive communication agenda supporting the implementation of the organisation’s Digital Strategy.
- Advise the Leader, Cabinet, Chief Executive Officer and Leadership Team on digital media and communications strategy and planning.
- Network with online media, publishers platforms and key stakeholders to anticipate and manage key issues
You’ll need experience of the following:
- Delivering communications in a public or private sector organisation of comparable scale and complexity.
- A track record of delivering projects in line with ambitious corporate plans and targets.
- Experience of contributing to organisational transformation programmes, corporate strategy and plans.
- Experience of working with stakeholders on communication channels and platforms.
- Awareness of local government governance and the role of Elected Members in the decision- making process.
- Leading marketing campaigns and managing content across all channels including print and digital.
Other skills and attributes include:
- Enabling openness between multiple internal and external stakeholders, actively builds and maintains effective network and identifies opportunities for building mutually supported partnerships.
- Facilitating collaboration by creating multi-disciplinary teams to address key issues and priorities.
- Able to systematically and methodically identify and addresses areas/ opportunities for development and capability.
- Are able to identify issues from multiple perspectives in order to influence through identifying win-win opportunities.
- Can garner key information from a wide range of sources and will use this to inform their strategic thinking.
- Is able to take responsibility for key decisions and not only takes accountability but will make them in a timely way.
- Open to innovation but is conceptually agile enough to weigh up the pros and cons of competing viable options.
- Clearly set out expectations and manages performance with fairness and transparency.
- A relevant degree or equivalent professional qualification would be a bonus as would any journalism experience and naturally significant practical communications experience.
So what can they offer you?
- A can-do, customer orientated and outcome focused approach to doing business.
- Freedom. You will be empowered to think, innovate and deliver.
- A ‘One Team’ culture where everyone is working collaboratively to deliver on our promises.
- A constantly changing environment; in a good way! You’ll never get bored!