Published: 1 April 2021
Salary: £35 – 45K
My client is a global media technology company who is looking for a Communications Manager to oversee, deliver and manage its UK and Ireland comms activity.
They are currently looking for a talented storyteller, passionate about crafting customer driven narratives to support their continued expansion within Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Candidates should be a team player, who can effectively collaborate with internal and external partners across multiple time zones and cultures, as easily as you can identify and develop new ways of telling the company story.
Joining a small, growing in-house communications team, you will support the development and execution of the EMEA communications program that promotes, enhances, and protects the company’s reputation.
Key areas of responsibility
• Devise and implement a geographically-relevant program of activity to positively position the brand and our products;
• Create product launch plans and manage project timelines ensuring agreed deadlines and milestones are met;
• Deliver all aspects of the press office function in your region. Regularly review effectiveness and feedback insights to help inform future planning;
• Cultivate the advocacy program in your region to ensure consistently high levels of conversation;
• Manage a pipeline of customer case studies and content across the region, working closely with regional sales teams to identify potential stories;
• Work with freelance writers, photographers and others, managing their deliverables;
• Undertake media monitoring and analysis in your region and feedback insights to help inform future planning;
• Assist with the review, development and continuous improvement of departmental systems and processes;
• 6+ years’ experience of working in an in house, agency or journalism setting;
• Creative and insightful with the ability to develop new ideas to engage media;
• B2B and B2C technology PR experience
• Excellent level of networked media relations – mainstream, specialist and social;
• Demonstrated skill and comfort in successfully positioning subject matter with the media to achieve high-impact placements
• Resourceful and able to work independently, but also a strong collaborator and team player;
• Tenacious and persistent in pursing answers to problems. Should also be comfortable with change and ambiguity;
• Self-assured, not scared to speak up, and mature;
• Strong written and oral communication skills with an eye for detail and excellent proofreading skills;
• Strong project management, organizational and planning skills;
• An understanding and passion for technology and the creative industries
• Knowledge of the post production, digital film and/or live production or ProAV space preferred, but not essential.
• Fluency in a second language desirable, but not essential including Dutch, Swedish or Danish