Corporate PR Account Executive – Junior Account Manager
Published: 20 November 2017
Salary: £17- £25K
This leading Manchester integrated agency is looking to expand its team with the appointment of a driven PR Account Executive, Senior Account Executive or Junior Account Manager who has corporate PR agency experience within the trade, finance, professional services and property sectors.
Candidates must be exceptionally organised with meticulous writing skills as well as solid media relations, senior client liaison, event management and new business skills.
Experience and skills:
- Educated to degree level
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience of working to varying deadlines across multiple time pressures.
- Evidence of strong communication techniques.
- Knowledge of wider media.
- Basic understanding of the PR industry
- Experience in office environment
- Competent with MS Office programs
Responsibilities Knowledge and abilities Behaviours
- Ballsy liaising and building relationships with journalists and key contacts – selling in articles, enquiring about current features and responding to their requests in a prompt manner
- Organising and attending events
- Attending networking events
- Confident manner
- Self-starter who is keen to take responsibility for their own work and actions
- Ambitious to learn and grow
- Committed to excellence with a passion for PR
- Displays confidence when expressing opinions in ideas in brainstorms and meetings.
- Has a proactive rather than purely reactive attitude
- Displays persistence with clients, journalists and team members to get the right results
- Basic PR support to the team including the administration of accounts (cuttings, coverage trackers, images, PR plans, meeting agendas, contact reports etc.)
- Attending and organising internal brainstorms
- Efficient timekeeper, managing upwards to keep whole team on course
- Builds strong relationships with clients and colleagues through professional and social networking opportunities
- Recognises opportunities to seek advice from senior team members
- Displays a hands-on approach to work, co-operating with peers and senior members of staff to get the best results for clients and ensure an efficient and pleasant