Digital Marketing Junior Account Manager – Account Manager
Published: 4 September 2019
This well-established creative agency based in the stunning Cheshire countryside has a new opening for a Digital marketing Junior Account Manager or Account Manager.
The role will include working across a range of different consumer and B2B manufacturing, interiors, construction, auto-motive, marine and retail clients. They have long standing relationships with many of their clients and are seen a trusted partner, supporting their marketing teams with highly creative solutions to their projects and delivering a high level of client service and project management through their account team.
Over the last few years the digital requirements from their clients has increased and they deliver across the whole spectrum of digital activity, including:
- Website design, build and ongoing management
- CMS support
- Design, build, send and reporting for Email campaigns
- Management of social media campaigns
- Google Display Network advertising
- Running Google ad campaigns
Up to this point most of this work has been managed by 3rd party companies who they outsource the projects to. They are now looking to recruit a digital savvy individual to increase our own in-house capabilities and to have our own “Go To” person
They are looking to recruit a Digital Account Manager to work with their existing account teams supporting specific clients. They would want someone with work experience within an agency or digital marketing team but with a working knowledge of – Email build/send/reporting (Mailchimp), posting content on social media/helping to manage and support clients social media campaigns, managing website content updates through existing CMS, understanding of Google ad campaigns, same for Amazon advertising and vendor accounts, Google analytics, GDN campaign support
The key responsibilities include:
- The ability to fit in and work with an existing account team.
- To quickly learn and understand the nature of the client’s businesses that they will be working on and the role that we fulfil with each.
- To manage the day to day contact with the key clients, developing a good working relationship with each.
- Working knowledge of setting up and running Google Ads.
- Amazon Advertising and Vendor Accounts an understanding would be beneficial (or the ability to learn).
- GDN – manage the GDN schedule for the brands of our key client.
- Amazon Shop – managing expectations and creating reports for their key client from their Amazon Shop – the candidate would work with their outsourced solution but would be expected to develop a working knowledge of this process.
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics – creating the monthly reports on site traffic. (quality/volume/etc.) for various websites and presenting these to clients.
- E-Mails – Build and reporting in both MailChimp and Constant Contact.
- CMS – CMS Management of; WordPress, Umbraco and custom platforms. Includes updating content and uploading banners.
- Social Media – posting to Twitter, Facebook and Instagram setting up boosted posts on Facebook as and when required.
- Hosting – monitoring the TSO Hosting to ensure sites aren’t down too long.
- GoDaddy – management of the GoDaddy account (Domains for some clients), making sure they aren’t paying for anything they shouldn’t be and making sure sites renew.
- Take briefs from clients on specific projects, understanding (with supervision) what information they need to extract, then using this to complete our own internal creative/artwork/production briefs
Desirable skills would include:
- A good team player.
- General awareness of the digital space, current trends and opportunities they could offer to their clients
- Good communication skills.
- Numerate and able to interpret web (and other statistics) to offer insight and guidance to clients digital marketing activities.
- The ability to stand up and present, with conviction and authority concepts and ideas to clients
- Good project management skill.
- Self-starter – the ability to work under their own initiative.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks daily – the job requires good organisational skills, the ability to prioritise tasks and not let anything slip.
- Motivate their clients marketing activities.
Due to the countryside location candidates will be required to drive and have their own transport, the offices do have free parking available.Apply Now