Healthcare Senior Account Manager – Account Director
Published: 6 July 2018
Salary: £30 – 40K
Award Winning Manchester based B2B PR agency, are looking to appoint a PR SAM/AD level with healthcare PR experience.
They are particularly interested in finding someone with strong healthcare experience, who has the skill to work across NHS, health tech, social care and patient engagement.
The agency’s overall client portfolio covers a mix of high level B2B and B2C work, including health & lifestyle, technology, engineering, professional services and education.
This is a wide-ranging role that will operate at both a strategic and a hands-on level across a range of healthcare clients. You will lead some areas of client work and will work alongside other Senior Consultants/Directors on others. You will be as comfortable talking with a client about their strategy as you are writing a press release and selling it in.
- To plan and deliver a wide range of services for clients – including media relations, digital campaigns, social media and crisis management.
- To consistently provide an excellent standard of client service.
- For accounts where you are leading, to ensure that clients receive an excellent standard of service from all team members, including coaching other team members.
- To proactively identify opportunities for clients to meet their communications objectives – including services provided in-house and sourcing/managing third parties to deliver wider services.
- To devise, implement, monitor and measure client campaigns – including producing evaluation reports using our bespoke approach.
- To play an active role in new business – including attending industry and client networking events, seeking new opportunities and writing/presenting pitches and proposals as required.
- To attend relevant training provided by the business.
- To manage your own workload to ensure you work effectively as part of client teams and the wider agency.
Skills and capabilities
- Wide-ranging experience in agency or in-house PR, journalism or marketing communications.
- Excellent writing skills – including the ability to adapt style and content for different audiences, write about complex or technical topics in an engaging and accessible way, and identify and clearly convey the news line in any story.
- Knowledge of and ability to use a wide range of social media channels, plus an understanding of SEO and content marketing.
- Good presentation skills.
- Experience of technology, public information or healthcare campaigns would be an advantage.
- Well-organised with attention to detail and able to deliver to a deadline.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Creative – we’d love you to bring us some new ideas.
- Reliable – we’re a growing team and you will be playing an important role.