Housing Trust – External Communications Coordinator
Published: 18 October 2019
My client is a housing trust that is looking for an external Communications Coordinator to join their marketing team. The role will play a major part in the delivery of the external communication strategy.
- Work with internal stakeholders to manage and update the external communication content framework, identify and co-ordinate opportunities for external campaign activity.
- Assist in the digital marketing across a variety of digital & social media channels.
- To jointly run (with the wider comms team) the Trusts social media channels in order to increase engagements and promote the Trust’s work and services.
- Proactively keep abreast of latest digital & social media consumer trends and identify where they can be applied to Trust’s digital offer.
- Sourcing & creating visual content (video, images, infographics) for all external communication channels.
- Working to segment customer / audiences to ensure external content is relevant and timely for each group.
- To be the web & customer portal owner for the Trust; ensuring website is kept timely and updated, helping the software development team deliver functional improvements across the website & portal under the Trust’s brand
- Assist in reporting on performance of external comms campaigns across social and digital channels
- Support colleagues from across the organisation to develop marketing materials for their own projects, including copy-writing, editing and liaising with designers to produce materials
- Production & campaign management of yearly annual report to customers and stakeholders.
- Production and campaign management of the regular external customer magazine.
- Relevant experience of marketing and communications, ideally from within the
- Excellent working knowledge in using social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter & Instagram,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate and build effective relationships with a diverse range of internal stakeholders and customers
- The ability to plan for, adapt to and work with a variety of situations, individuals and groups
- A positive attitude to change and the ability to identify opportunities to improve performance
- Experience of using a social media management software including analysing and production of reports across campaigns and channels.
- Experience of using Mailchimp to produce newsletters
- Experience of video production and using multimedia within social media platforms
- Driving license and access to a vehicle