Medical Media Relations Officer
Published: 12 September 2018
Salary: £24 – 36K
Medical public sector body is on the hunt for a media relations officer to promote the work and reputation of the body in the media, raising and managing its profile to ensure coverage of the organisation is balanced and well-informed.
The role will contribute, as part of a team, towards the efficient operation of the body media relations function to ensure the organisation provides a high quality service to journalists, broadcasters and internal stakeholders.
Candidates need to be able to demonstrate
- Proven media relations experience across broadcast, print and online media.
- Proven experience of developing, delivering and evaluating the effectiveness of media plans – incorporating key messages, tactics and target outlets.
- Proven experience of tailoring content appropriate to social media channels.
- Internal and external stakeholder relations.
- Proven ability to write effective news releases, articles and blogs and other media materials, conveying the appropriate key messages for the audience of target media.
- Evidence of creativity in identifying and delivering proactive opportunities for media stories.
- Ability to spot potential media issues, and to identify suitable tactics to solve them.
- Developing and delivering media activity to promote the body’s core statutory responsibilities, as well as for specific projects and campaigns.
- Identifying and exploiting proactive opportunities to promote the role of the body’s in the media.
- Advising colleagues, including senior managers, on media handling issues.
- Responding to media enquiries professionally and efficiently, ensuring all responses are appropriate.
- Forging and maintaining strong working relationships with key journalists.
- Contributing to the development of the body’s strategic media plan, and playing a key role in its delivery.
- Playing a key role in media monitoring and evaluation, both in relation to the body’s role and wider issues affecting the medical profession and healthcare.