PR Account Executive
Published: 20 March 2019
Salary: £18 - 21K
This small, but fast growing B2B/tech specialist PR agency based in Macclesfield are looking to appoint a new B2B PR Account Executive.
They are looking for a bright, confident, enthusiastic self-starter who is keen to start or further their early career in B2B public relations, content development and digital communications. You will be trained and supported to become a super well-rounded B2B PR professional (although a basic understanding and some experience would be ideal). At the same time you’ll be rolling up your sleeves and getting involved in supporting our clients and the team in achieving objectives from day one.
As a key part of the PR and digital team, you can expect to develop your skills in media handling, client relationships, writing, social media, brand development and marketing communications. While the agency’s clients work across a variety of sectors, many of their clients are at the forefront of innovation and they also have some big brands on their books too. There’ll be plenty of interesting topics to learn about and get your teeth into. Again they will help you develop an understanding of the key issues in each industry, an interest or even passion for technology would be advantageous.
This job is also an opportunity to learn from some of the best PR practitioners in the region. They will also provide you with a supportive environment – one where you can grow and develop.
In addition to PR responsibilities, they would also expect you to support clients administratively. While each day is likely to be different, your responsibilities will include maintaining client files, ensuring daily processes are followed, client reporting and coverage monitoring.
- client and media liaison
- monitor the media for client opportunities
- work as part of an account team to implement PR programmes
- research, write and pitch press releases to targeted media
- collate, analyse and evaluate media coverage
- help to develop and implement creative campaigns that cross PR, content and digital media
- undertake research for new business proposals
- help organise the agency’s events and socials
As a result, they need someone who can:
- Pick up the phone without fear and remain professional
- Deliver a good command of the English language and grammar – a passion for writing would be a big bonus!
- Be confident when sharing ideas and observations with the team, with the media and with clients
- Know your way around digital media – from Twitter to LinkedIn and everything in between
- Be a self-starter – you will be the master of your own destiny
- Understand the basics of what is a good story – and how to craft it
- Be interested in their environment – from the technology they use at home and work to the way they interact with others around them