Published: 5 April 2019
Salary: £25 - £31K
My client is a profit-for-purpose business which owns/manages over 19,000 homes across the North West and Yorkshire. Their portfolio includes social/affordable rented homes, market rent and sale, shared ownership, key workers’ accommodation and supported housing that promotes independence and wellbeing for some of the most vulnerable people in society.
They have an opening to join their communications team!
The details of the role are below.
Reporting to the PR and Corporate Relationship Manager, the PR Associate will help deliver the group’s communications strategy, with particular responsibility for providing public relations for its subsidiary and the Greater Manchester Housing First partnership, an innovative partnership consisting of registered providers; health and third sector partners working together to deliver a ground –breaking service to assist up to 400 people into their own homes with support over the next three years, backed by £7.6 million of Government funding.
- Writing brochure copy, award submissions, bid documentation and other promotional
- Develop the brand; promote awareness of the organisation and Housing First to help build
strong stakeholder relationships.
- Managing and delivering PR activity of the external and internal communication
- Organising public relations events, preparing and co-ordinating promotional activities
- Identify the right communications channels and media platforms to promote the company’s
image and reputation and transform stakeholders’ ways of thinking and behaving.
- Press and Media engagement .
- Develop and foster positive relationships with media across a number of platforms locally,
regionally and nationally.
- Manage, write and edit case studies, speeches, articles and annual reports.
- Provide strategic guidance on web content management, digital and social media strategy and
creative thinking and design.
Experience & skills:
- Excellent copywriting skills – Experience of writing in a variety of styles for a variety of formats
- Experience of working in a public relations/ press office environment
- Experience in developing and building relationships with key stakeholders, keeping them
informed about progress and maintaining their confidence
- Excellent media relations experience
- Experience in organising events
- Previous experience in the commercial housing market sector desirable
Other desirable attributes:
- A creative thinker– able to bring new ideas
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as on own initiative
- Ability to travel between sites and to meet external commitments.