PR Content Manager
Published: 11 December 2017
Salary: £25 - £30K
My client is a Leeds based agency who creates commercial advantage for clients through outstanding service, innovation and acumen in all that they do. Their brand positioning line is ‘They build brands and generate growth’, a claim which they can demonstrably prove across a wide variety of sectors and client types.
To allow them to achieve this vision, a content manager is required to work across existing client accounts. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced copywriter and content creator to make their mark within a discreet business unit within the agency. It will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to shape the agency’s content marketing offer.
You must be able to develop strong client relationships, deliver outstanding tactical implementation and create powerful strategies. In addition, you must want to constantly improve yourself as a content marketing and public relations practitioner. The business will assist you in achieving this objective by providing ongoing training, where relevant.
The content manager would be expected to be willing and able to work on any type of client business, providing the same excellent standard of consultancy, delivery and service across the board.
Responsibilities and accountabilities
The content manager is a key member of the team providing management across the agency’s portfolio of clients. Your responsibilities and accountabilities include the following:
- Generate, create, amplify and evaluate content strategies for clients that integrate activity across traditional, digital and social media that positively impact on search
- Identify leads and win new business through powerful content marketing strategies and ideas
- Form strong relationships with clients and influence at all levels within client organisations to generate more commercial opportunities from existing relationships
- Deliver website and webpage optimisation for SEO including creation of an engaging user journey through landing pages and content that leads to measurable engagement, conversion, enquiries and sales
- Be aware through research and training of the latest content techniques across text, video, imagery and evaluation and formally provide all clients with regular ideas suggestions. Implement these ideas for the agency and their clients
- Educate colleagues regarding the latest content marketing, social media and search techniques and deliver internal training on them
- Continually evolve the agency’s proprietary evaluation system, Evalu8, and use it to create commercial opportunities for the agency
- Maintaining accurate records and files of all activities using the agency’s management information system, and manage client invoicing
- Supervising and mentoring junior staff, when applicable
- A commitment to the job is a must and willingness to undertake travel within the UK and occasionally Europe to fulfil the requirements of the role is essential
Desired skills and experience
- Educated to degree level, preferably with a journalism qualification or experience as a journalist
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- At least two years’ online content creation experience, aligned with demonstrable experience of enhancing search ranking via content-based SEO activity
- Demonstrable experience of devising and implementing effective content marketing campaigns across traditional, digital and social media
- Demonstrable experience of devising and implementing effective social media campaigns
- Demonstrable experience of devising and presenting new business proposals
- Demonstrable experience of measuring and evaluating content marketing activity in conjunction with the agency’s proprietary Evalu8 measurement system
- Proficient use of CMS, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is essential