Published: 29 March 2021
Salary: £19 - £25K
My client is a interior designer and manufacturer based in Blackburn. They are currently looking to appoint a new PR Executive for their in house marketing team.
The company are currently working from home but the plan is to get back into the office, once restrictions allow. However, there will be flexible working available so if you prefer to work part of the week from home that will be accommodated.
Staff benefits include 32 days holiday (including bank holidays), flexi hours (meaning you can claim back up to 13 days a year if you work over your contracted hours), life insurance, contributory pension, free staff parking and staff discount on goods
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Social Media & PR Coordinating in the delivery of PR globally. You’ll be instrumental in the delivery of the company’s communications through a variety of routes and channels.
Roles and responsibilities of PR Executive:
• Build strong relationship with the key media targets and the teams within them to maximise the exposure of the brand across digital and print.
• Write engaging and inspiring press releases in line with the marketing communications plan.
• Support press releases by liaising with key media to ensure maximum publicity and positive coverage.
• React to ‘press wire’ to ensure we respond to what journalists are looking for.
• Respond to all sample requests ensuring despatch and receipt of the samples is in good time to meet journalist deadlines.
• Proactively identify opportunities for content production and deliver on them in support of marketing and business objectives.
• Use your knowledge and creativity to deliver market-leading PR activations.
• Draft/Create press materials and secure coverage in relevant publications.
• Pull together regular, up to date media lists.
• Manage tracking tools and ensure they continue to be fit for purpose
• Track, measure and report on PR coverage. Produce monthly update reports on results.
• Assist with execution of PR campaigns.
• Assist with planning and execution of PR events.
• Responsible for securing coverage across both print and digital media outlets.
• Follow industry trends and update the marketing team accordingly.
• Seeking out new press opportunities/publications and contacts.
• Create and manage disaster recovery briefing document.
• Support international PR agencies where applicable
• Manage international PR requests where applicable
• Maintain PR assets and releases folder and work to give access to press.
• Ensure press information is up to date on our websites.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
• Experience within an in-house PR/Comms or marketing function or within a PR agency.
• A genuine interest in the interiors industry and press.
• Presentation skills, media relations and public speaking.
• Very strong copywriting and editing skills.
• PC literate – Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Very well organised.
• Quick Learner.
• Competent to work on own initiative.
• Outgoing and confident with the ability to build strong relationships.