PR Junior/ Account Executive
Published: 30 May 2019
Salary: circa £18K
This leading Lancashire PR agency is looking for a passionate and aspiring Junior PR Account Executive/ Account Executive to strengthen its award-winning team!
Based just outside Preston, they work with a number of high profile FMCG clients, driving awareness for a plethora of Britain’s best-loved consumer brands including those in the FMCG, Food + drink manufacturing and consumer durable sectors.
The successful candidate will work across several of the agency’s key accounts in a fast-paced press office environment – with plenty of opportunity for progression!
Whilst the client base is mostly Consumer the role is focused on the B2B side of those businesses, whilst there is crossover it’s very much a B2B PR role with some Consumer.
You’ll need an outgoing, ‘can-do’ attitude, and the ability to work well within a small team, as well as fantastic communication and organisational skills.
As a Junior / Account Executive, you’ll also have:
- A relevant undergraduate degree such as PR, journalism or English/ Creative Writing
(Preferred not essential)
- A passion for PR, with an interest in B2B PR and marketing preferred
- An interest in social media and digital platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Confident telephone manner and presentation skills
- IT skills, with emphasis on the Microsoft Office suite – including PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- A personality that works well within a close knit, team environment
- Great organisational skills and the ability to multi-task
- The confidence to introduce new ideas and working practices
What will you be doing?
- Drafting press office materials including press releases and features
- Selling in press releases to key contacts
- Social media management
- Arranging press office mail outs in a timely
- Managing brand competitions
- Assisting in the planning and management of media events and face-to-face briefings
In return you will:
- Work with some of Britain’s most popular FMCG brands
- Benefit from a structured career path in an agency that nurtures talent
- Be hands on, enabling you to build your skills
- Benefit from a company profit sharing scheme and incentives
- Enjoy a great working environment where colleagues respect and work for each other