PR Senior Account Manager – Account Director
Published: 14 December 2018
Salary: £35 - £45K
My client is a leading national PR brand communications agency that is looking to expand its newly launched Manchester office. They are looking to speak to either SAM’s looking to make the move up to AD or an established AD
This will be pivotal role in the senior management team and as such will have fantastic career opportunities as the team grows…
The role will see you play a vital part in the team and office grow and expansion, working with the team on new business, account management/direction and team development and growth. It will be a very ‘hands on’ role as the team is currently small, but it will give you a fantastic opportunity to be there from the start of what, I have no doubt will be an agency to watch over the coming years within the region!
The clients cover hospitality, automotive, events, property, retail and tourism.
As a key member of the business they are looking for a great all-rounder… someone who is ambitious, highly entrepreneurial and driven.
Your personality, capabilities and responsibilities:
- Flexibility, ambition and enthusiasm for helping grow the agency – whether this is by growing their existing client programmes by successfully selling new ideas, or through new biz wins.
- Have the experience and the strategic ability and initiative to take control of brief, understand the problem and work with others to lead the solution.
- Work with the MD to build a strong new business pipeline (through networking, contacts, referrals)
- Be capable of leading the day to day client work – delivering strong results and securing client trust as go to counsellor. Have no sense of preciousness about rolling your sleeves up to see any task through to completion.
- Excellent account management – ensuring campaign milestones are met on time, monthly client updates and weekly reporting is prepared and delivered to best practice standards
- Managing and mentoring a small but growing team – setting clear objectives, conducting regular
- reviews of progress and identifying training where needed
- A creative thinker – able to come up with impactful campaign themes and tactics
- Broad understanding of media, what makes a story and relevant content generation requirements
- strategic media relations, news generation, the social & digital landscape and know how to exploit these channels for your clients
- Confident presentation skills – able to present ideas at integrated planning meetings as well as sell proposals to client at all-agency meetings
- Demonstrate a hardworking, go-getting work ethos, where you’re hungry for yourself and your clients.