Published: 1 April 2019
Location: South Manchester
This award winning Finance company, is currently recruiting for a Press Officer to join their rapidly expanding Marketing department in Stockport!
They are currently looking to recruit a Press Officer within their growing Marketing function. Reporting into the Head of PR & Social Media and working closely with the Senior Press Officer, you’ll play a key part in making the world sit up and take notice of their innovative products and award-winning service.
The successful candidate will put their digital and traditional PR skills into action from day one in order to deliver and manage coverage across print, online and broadcast media.
To be considered, you’ll have a strong background in journalism, ideally having then worked in PR. In addition, you’ll have excellent copywriting skills with exposure to either business writing or B2B PR.
The marketing team has 25 people in house and are currently growing with not only this appointment but also other marketing roles, so an exciting time to be joining the close knit and friendly team. The current team has a variety of people from impressive backgrounds so you will be working with some great marketing minds.
- Assist with the delivery of PR/media campaigns across the Group;
- Effectively communicate our story via a number of media streams in order to grow our brand
awareness and understanding of what we do;
- Attend events, liaise with media and build strong relationships with stakeholders;
- Write creative content for media consumption;
- Identify opportunities for the Group via various media channels;
- Day-to-day PR tasks such as press release writing, media sell-in and monitoring/reporting.
- Public Relations (PR) experience with specific experience of working in a busy press office;
- Strong news sense ideally with a background in journalism;
- Excellent copywriting expertise with a meticulous attention to detail;
- Demonstrable experience of positive stakeholder management;
- A strong understanding of social media and how content can be shared and maximised;
- Experience of media monitoring;
- Experience of working in Financial Services PR would be highly advantageous.