Public Affairs/PR Account Director
Published: 13 March 2017
This established PR & Public Affairs Agency is looking for a new Account Director to join its Manchester team. Clients include a mix of property and energy and cover both PR & Public Affairs within their campaigns including stakeholder and community engagement, lobbying, planning comms, political/government relations, event organising, media relations and corporate comms.
Based in their Manchester office, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of designated accounts to ensure the delivery of outstanding work, management of account teams to maintain standards and providing outstanding service on time and on budget. You will play a vital role as a key partner to the senior management team for accounts and new business activity, and provide accurate and regular reporting on activity, results and profitability across your client accounts.
The purpose of this PR Account Director role is to secure, maintain and grow client business for the team. This is achieved through the winning of virgin new business, and developing existing clients. This role is also ultimately accountable for the effective delivery of all client projects within their portfolio of clients, on time and within budget.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Account Direction – Acting as main client contact, dealing with day-to-day client issues. Provide strategic advice to clients. Direct team.
- Proposals – Producing client strategies, attending new client briefing meetings.
- Running Public Consultation Programmes – Directing the team to develop and run public consultation programmes.
- Lobbying & mobilising support
- Project Management
- New Business – Generating news business leads, attending pitches/new business. Producing new business proposals.
Required skills: PR and or Public Affairs agency experience, political and campaigning awareness, commercial acumen, copy/content writing skills, time management and organisational skills, client relationship building skills, strategic thinking, results drivenApply Now