Regional Comms Officer
Published: 10 April 2019
Location: Salford or Leeds and home based
Salary: £32K plus benefits
My client is a global food and drink retailer (hospitality) who is on the lookout for a Regional Communications Officer to join their team.
The role is based either in their Salford or Leeds offices (1 – 2 days a week) with the rest of the week being field based travelling throughout the region and occasional trips to London. There will be a company car or a cash allowance within the package.
To devise and execute an integrated communications plan that supports business strategy and drives greater trust in the brand across the region whilst supporting owners in their role as local spokespersons.
To achieve this through developing news and content that informs a range of key local audiences, building positive relationships with journalists, elected representatives and other key influencers and stakeholders, working in partnership with local owners.
Reports to: Head of Regional Communications
- Develop, lead and implement the North East communications plan in partnership with owners, agencies and colleagues
- Lead on communicating positive news about the company across the region through traditional PR activity and online influencer engagement. Will also involve managing dedicated agency support to assist in this area
- Maintain a strong working relationship with the owner community, supporting them in their role as local spokespersons and ambassadors for the brand whilst providing guidance and counsel on their stakeholder engagement and media relations.
- Assume responsibility for the delivery of a project and/or campaign on behalf of the wider Regional Communications team. This work will require developing the plan and framework, engaging all relevant agencies, setting and delivering against KPIs and managing the communication with internal audiences/partners.
- Support the company’s business strategy including growth plans, with communications support and local engagement for new restaurant applications, openings and extended hours licensing applications
- Work closely with the Media team to investigate and respond to enquiries on a wide range of issues and on-call national press officer duties (rota basis).
Knowledge & Experience:
They are looking for an innovative and creative communicator who enjoys variety within their role and appreciates the value of relationship building and engagement.
Strong knowledge and understanding of the external media and political landscape within the region is preferred as is a demonstrated ability to understand business strategy and the role of communications to effectively shape and support it.
As a field based role, it will suit a motivated, self-starting individual who will enjoy the autonomy and responsibility of managing and prioritising their time and resources and leading the development and implementation of their regional plan.
Typically candidates would have around 5 years plus of relevant comms experience.
- Regional Communications team and Corporate Affairs department
- Owners, Restaurant Managers and Operations
- Office and field based departments
- Local and national elected representatives.
- Regional media and social influencers
- Company car or company car cash allowance
- Bonus scheme
- Company pension
- Private healthcare
- Life assurance
- Employee discounts
- 28 days holiday