Social Media Account Manager
Published: 1 February 2019
Salary: £25 - £30K
My client is a Leeds based agency who creates commercial advantage for clients through outstanding service, innovation and acumen in all that they do. Their brand positioning line is ‘They build brands and generate growth’, a claim which they can demonstrably prove across a wide variety of sectors and client types.
To allow them to achieve this vision, a social media manager is required to work across existing property and healthcare client accounts.
Responsibilities and accountabilities
- The social media responsibilities and accountabilities include the following:
- Devising cross-channel social media strategies and generating campaign ideas that will create commercial advantage for clients, and provide additional fee income for the agency
- Researching and writing SEO optimised content for digital and social channels
- Influencer identification and relationship management
- Leading client meetings and producing reports
- Playing a full role in pitches and presentations
- Liaising with external suppliers
- Maintaining accurate records and files of all activities, and manage client invoicing via the agency’s accountants
- Supporting the associate director and senior account manager in delivering effective strategies and to manage client accounts
- Measuring and reporting campaign results and ROI
- Supervising junior staff
- Supporting the development of the company including marketing and business development
This high-profile role requires a person who is able to think creatively and strategically. In addition, the ideal candidate must take great pride in forming business relationships and have the ability to influence at all levels within the organisation.
Desired skills and experience
To be considered for this role potential candidates must have a minimum of two years’ agency experience.
We’re looking for someone with strong proactive social media strategy and creative content creation and strong writing skills.
Qualifications and skills required
- Educated to degree level
- Strong editing and copywriting skills
- Strong content marketing skills
- Strong social media skills
- Ability to plan communications programmes, incorporating campaign ideas, strategy and tactics
- Ability to manage accounts unsupervised and gain trust and respect of clients
- Take responsibility for delivering agreed level of activity and meeting deadlines
- Identify new business opportunities
- Ability to work across industry sectors on a daily basis
- Ability to delegate and manage output from colleagues, both senior and junior
- Ability to prioritise workload and respond to client briefs on time and within budget
- Ability to use Google Analytics and Google Search Console to evaluate the effectiveness of content and social media activity
- Detailed knowledge of the role of PR, social and content marketing and search across a range of industries
- A strong understanding of effective evaluation
- Informed about all communications methods including above and below the line activities such as brand planning, advertising, PPC and web development
- Sufficient knowledge of the company’s PR’s services to represent the company publicly and sell its proposition