Social Media Lead
Published: 21 January 2021
Salary: £40 - £48K
This well-known and respected Manchester Marketing Agency has an exciting new role available within their award winning team. They are looking to appoint a Social Media Lead to work across both consumer and B2B clients that cover travel & tourism, hospitality, sport, retail, FMCG, third sector, construction.
They are looking for someone who is passionate about what they do, good fun and overall a nice person to work with. In return they can offer total flexibility, a career path to suit your ambitions either within the agency and their wider agency network.
They are looking for a person not afraid to bring their whole self to work. To have an opinion and to get involved. Ultimately, they have got some massively exciting potential award-winning campaign opportunities on the go in 2021 and they need the best team to deliver them from a social perspective.
Lead the biggest social accounts in the agency. From smashing out the strategy (with our planning team) or coming up with the creative amplification (alongside their creative teams) this person must be a team player and a good communicator to able to work with people from all departments.
You will be expected to manage client accounts unsupervised and have a firm handle on activity and budgets. You will build and maintain strong relationships with clients, particularly at senior level, many of which won’t be as socially proficient as you.
An understanding of paid social is essential although aside from boosting, we’re looking for someone with strong organic experience in this role.
What will your team responsibilities be:
• To manage the workload, efficiency and on-going mentoring and development of Social Media Account Executive (and community manager) alongside our weekend community manager
• To determine priorities and guide work loads
• To provide input & carry out team appraisals, observing strengths and weaknesses and giving suggestions on development when appropriate
• Hold regular team updates/status meetings
• Hold regular 1 to 1s with direct reports
• Ensure that being a member of your team is fun, challenging and rewarding
Personal Attributes and Experience
• You’ll have bags of experience – a CV to be proud of
• A complete understanding of the current social media landscape
• The ability to form and strengthen solid client relationships
• Experienced in managing a small team in addition to ‘managing up’
• Strategically minded, confident and tenacious when leading clients
• Be pro-active with a strong sense of intuition
• An agile mind that can cope with multi-client demands
• Commercially minded