Sports PR Account Executive – Senior Account Executive
Published: 16 August 2017
Salary: £18 - £22K
This established Manchester PR agency (celebrating 27 years old this year!) is on the hunt for a new PR Account Executive – Senior Account Executive to work on one of their biggest clients which is the largest mass participation sports travel business in the U.K. Other clients are a mix of sports, leisure, hospitality and social housing clients.
The successful candidate will be a team player, but also able to work on their own initiative. They will have good writing skills, excellent communication skills, a knowledge and experience of new business development and delivering social media campaigns, be highly organised and very personable. Ideally experienced in working in both B2B and B2C and able to work as part of a team to create and implement PR campaigns and strategies for a varied range of clients.
Typical duties involve:
- Liaising on a daily basis with clients and media
- Relationship building and networking with colleagues, clients and the media
- Monitoring the media including newspapers, magazine, newswires, broadcast and social media sites and blogs to source opportunities for clients
- Working as part of a team to develop client proposals and implement PR activity
- Preparing regular client reports and attending client meetings
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media
- Pitching/selling in news stories and features to the media
- Collating and evaluating media coverage – print, online and social media
- Organisation, promotion and management of press conferences, promotional activity, and other client events
- Undertaking research for new business proposals and presenting to potential new clients
- Other aspects of PR responsibilities including co-ordinating and managing photography, filming etc.