Sports PR Manager
Published: 2 February 2018
My client is a world recognised sporting organisation who has an exciting opportunity to join their marketing team.
The purpose of this new role is to support the Senior PR Manager with pro-actively driving forward the organisation’s public relations function through a range of planned programme of PR activity. The role is responsible for enhancing the organisation’s reputation within key markets and account areas they are responsible for including retail, partnerships and some aspects of CSR – the job holder is expected to produce creative and strategic PR plans for sign off and will be responsible and accountable for the activation of these PR plans. This is a hands-on role which requires a high level of attention to detail, strategic thinking and importantly an insight into how the day to day activity impacts on the wider PR activity planner.
- At least five years PR experience.
- Completed degree (or equivalent) in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications
- Excellent knowledge of how the UK press operates
- Excellent knowledge of social media and influencers
- Excellent writing skills
- Able to create creative and strategic PR plans.
- Experience of press conferences, press events and press photo calls
- Fastidious attention to detail
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Excellent working knowledge of powerpoint and excel
- Excellent co-ordination skills and experience – able to manage several projects at the same time
- Proactive approach to driving projects forward to fruition
- Excellent understanding of social media and how to integrate into all campaigns
- Ability to work with key members of the organisation at all levels.
- Ability to work under pressure.