Travel Senior PR Executive
Published: 24 April 2017
Location: Trafford park
Salary: £24 – 28K
Our client is an independent travel company based in Trafford City who is looking for a new PR manager to join its marketing team.
You will play a key role in raising awareness of the company brand across their target audiences, and supporting the PR strategy in the seven countries in which we operate.
Your role will have a predominant focus on the PR activity around the recruitment of new company franchisees into the business, a key driver for the company’s global growth strategy. This includes the targeting of professionals in both the corporate and leisure travel markets, along with business self-starters with a passion for travel to join our Travel Academy programme. You will work closely with those teams responsible for recruitment in order to identify opportunities, drive activity and deliver innovative campaigns to drive leads into the recruitment pipeline.
You will be responsible for the measurement and analysis of recruitment PR activity, and be adept in the fields of social media and digital PR in order to collaborate with our recruitment marketing team to deliver messaging across multiple channels and reach our target recruitment audiences.
You will also play a large role in the day to day internal and external communications for the business. You will be ready to take on more responsibility across the PR and communications mix, and will relish becoming part of one of the most vibrant and successful travel companies in the U.K.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Development and execution of the recruitment PR strategy, promoting the company’s recruitment proposition to target audiences across all forms of media and communication
- Proactively build the company’s success stories and contribute to recruitment marketing content, driving and delivering this content across traditional media and digital channels, including social media.
- Identifying PR opportunities in wider on-line and off-line media to promote the brand and the different recruitment opportunities we offer
- Building strong media relations with trade and corporate media, including the organisation of press events and media attendance at our internal conferences
- Liaising with our international offices and their trade media in order to raise the company’s international recruitment profile
- Identifying business award opportunities to promote the company as the number one career option for travel professionals
- Supporting the team across the wider PR and communications agenda. This includes liaising with key stakeholders within the business to support the delivery of internal and external communications for the company and the general day to day support of company in promoting their businesses regionally
- Monitoring, evaluation and reporting of PR activity and KPI measurement
- Managing and working with external agencies to support our PR agenda and raise consumer awareness
- Contribute to the wider PR & Internal communications team in defining the optimal use of the company’s in-house TV studio and broadcasts to support the recruitment content strategy and deliver key messages to internal stakeholders.
Summary of Key Attributes and Qualifications for the role
- Relevant experience in PR and communications, either from an agency or in-house background
- Proven delivery in the planning, creation, execution and evaluation of PR campaigns
- Experience in digital PR and social media, with particular reference to LinkedIn
- Excellent written skills and a track record in creating on-brand, creative copy to an exceptionally high standard
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a wider team, be pro-active and deliver results
- Highly creative, with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure, in an often impatient environment
Summary of Desirable Attributes & Qualifications
- Experience in the travel industry desirable but not essential
- Digital PR / social media experience
- Connections from influential media outlets