B2B PR Junior Account Manager – Account Manager
Published: 9 July 2021
Location: Home Working
Salary: £25 - £30K
My client is a B2B PR Agency who is on the lookout for an enthusiastic and intellectually minded B2B PR Junior Account Manager or Account Manager.
They are looking for someone who has the self-motivation, resourcefulness, creativity and intellectual drive to join their growing team.
They are ethical, responsible and caring and whilst they are always focused on delighting clients, they want to enjoy what they do, so they make time to have fun together.
Their business model means they can accommodate flexible working. They often work in their clients’ offices, or at home, as well as in co-working spaces.
Much of their work is strongly connected with government policy, and they work with many publicly-funded agencies and companies. But they also work with start-ups and SMEs, international governments and think tanks, entrepreneurs and entrepreneurial thinkers across the UK and beyond.
In terms of skills we are looking for:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills that can easily be adapted to suit different organisations and circumstances.
- Strong media relations skills in national UK media
- Comfortable taking part in agency pitches for new business and presenting to clients
- Commitment to teamwork and a high level of comfort in working across multiple projects and programmes with a variety of stakeholders and interests represented
- The confidence to work independently, knowing when to make independent decisions, and when to collaborate
- Excellent communications instincts, understanding when and how to make recommendations to clients and a deep confidence in acting as their advisor
- Ability to quickly connect with clients and gain their trust
- Proven experience of researching and writing a range of content for a variety of purposes and audiences
- Strong digital and social media marketing skills
- Confidence in delivering targeted campaigns for a range of audiences across multiple platforms
- An understanding of performance metrics & business intelligence tools,and the capability to gather and present evidence of outcomes and impact
- Organised, with excellent attention to detail and a pacy, efficient working style
- Adaptability, flexibility and resilience, able to manage multiple competing objectives and a variety of stakeholders at the same time
- Optional – experience of Hubspot
It’s far more important to us to work with people who have the right outlook and attitude than those who tick a bunch of boxes, so we’re not prescriptive about where you come from, or what you have done before. However, it’s likely you’ll have most of the following on your CV:
- More than three years experience working in a communications and marketing role, in all likelihood with an agency or consultancy business
- Solid experience working in the B2B space
- A demonstrable passion for emerging tech, innovation, data and science
- A commitment to continuous learning, shown by consistent professional development over the years and highly relevant skills that are compatible with today’s communications environment
- Technically able and comfortable in the digital space having used a wide range of tools and software packages – CMS, CRM systems, design packages, collaboration tools, analytics tools etc.
- A sound track record of excellent content creation and writing including short and long-form writing, blogs, bylines (your own and others’), press briefings, web copy, social media content, infographics etc.
- Experience in most of the following: internal communications, media relations, social media management, digital marketing and publishing, campaign management, strategic comms and comms planning, public affairs, event planning and management, editorial planning and project management, communications monitoring and evaluation.