Consumer PR Account Manager – Senior Account Manager
Published: 19 May 2022
Salary: £26 – £38K
Due to new business wins, this award winning Manchester PR agency are looking for a talented, creative and results-driven Consumer PR Account Manager / Senior Account Manager with consumer media relations and influencer outreach experience to join its friendly and hardworking team.
Client cover healthcare, beauty, retail and pets.
The agency is an owner-managed, boutique brand storytelling agency providing a variety of creative services under one roof.
Growing year-on-year since inception in 2006 and now with 20 employees, the agency is run by a hands-on, down-to-earth management team of company shareholders that specialise in each of the agency’s core disciplines of PR, design and digital. This team remain in daily contact with every client and continue to mentor every member of staff – and it is this empirical leadership that spearheads the agency’s continued success.
They offer a flexible, supportive and informal working environment and promotes a healthy work/life balance that positively impacts strong mental and physical wellbeing. The majority of team members opt for a hybrid of office and home working although this is at their discretion.
About the team
The team consists of a talented team of PR consultants who love public relations and generating meaningful relationships with clients, journalists and influencers, alike.
They cultivate close partnerships with the people behind the brands they represent.
Their relationships with clients are as important as the results they generate. They enjoy breaking into new industries and helping clients create clear distinction and competitor differentiation.
About the role
The role will comprise the following key responsibilities:
- Working as a senior member of the consumer team in delivering the agency’s consumer portfolio – working on brands in sectors such as healthcare, beauty, retail and pets.
- Liaising with clients and acting as a senior point of contact for the agency’s consumer team.
- Supporting junior members of the team and acting as a mentor to assist with their development and career progression.
- Contribute to the strategic planning of client work and work hard to develop strategic thinking.
- Overseeing and delivering planned work ensuring deadlines are met and KPIs are achieved and reported.
- Maintaining a strong network of media contacts and engaging in regular proactive and reactive conversations to generate quality press coverage.
- Driving the agency’s influencer marketing approach to generate engaging influencer content through gifting and paid sponsorship opportunities.
- Writing media pitches, press releases, blogs, newsletters and social media content.
- Monitoring the media, including online and offline outlets, broadcast, journalist request platforms and social media to assess opportunities for the agency’s client portfolio.
Ideal candidate will be able to:
- Demonstrate experience in delivering media and influencer outreach services for consumer brands and be able to evidence the results generated by their unique efforts.
- Indicate the benefits gained by strong client relationships and the ways in which they approach client servicing.
- Signal a strong passion for media relations and an unrelenting determination to translate this into the creation of coverage opportunities for the brands we represent.
- Evidence a network of press and influencer contacts.
- Demonstrate an understanding of on-page and off-page SEO and have a desire to improve knowledge.
- Have a general understanding of Google Analytics and social media scheduling and analytics platforms (e.g. Sprout Social)
- Be willing to work hard and show drive and a hunger to be at the top of their game – in return for flexibility and career progression