My client is a well-known and respected Manchester based marketing agency that is looking to appoint a new PR Account Manager/ Senior Account Manager/Account Director.
The role will have line management responsibilities and work on clients within the tech, financial services, placemaking, b2b industries.
The successful candidate will act as the key point of contact for clients, advising them on the best activity to achieve their objectives. You will also take responsibility for the day-to-day management of client accounts, working closely with the team to ensure all activity is completed to a high standard and to deadline, in order to achieve agreed KPIs.
Account Manager/Senior Account Manager
Responsibilities and Duties
- Gain a deep understanding of clients’ vision, strategy and the areas in which they operate
- Act as the key point of contact for client queries, taking briefs and advising them on the most beneficial activity in line with the strategy
- Brief account executives on activity in line with the client strategy where necessary
- Ensure quality control of all outputs by offering constructive feedback on all content to account executives
- Ensure the consistent delivery of client projects within timescales and budget while maintaining expected levels of service
- Take responsibility for achieving agreed KPIs across all relevant accounts and work closely with head of content to flag and address any concerns about hitting targets
- Assist the team with writing and gaining approval for all types of written content such as blogs, emailers, press releases, features, thought leadership articles, interviews and social media posts where necessary
- Assist strategists as required, e.g. proposal writing and working as part of a pitch team to win new business. Provide strategic input into the management of accounts.
- Attend relevant networking, client and sector related events and contribute to the organisation and running of agency-wide events.
Qualifications and Expertise
- Preferably educated to degree level
- Previous experience of managing client accounts of all sizes, preferably within an agency environment
- Proven track-record for implementing and managing successful PR and marketing campaigns
- Preferably have a range of pre-established media contacts
- High level of English and IT literacy
- Experience of working to varying deadlines across multiple time pressures
- Knowledge of the wider media
- Strong understanding of the creative and marketing industry
- Competent with MS Office programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent PR and marketing abilities
- Excellent presentation and organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Able to work with minimal supervision and under pressure
- Proactive self-starter who takes responsibility for your own workload and actions
- Ability to anticipate what will be required of you
- Results-driven with a creative thought process.
- Ability to manage teams of differing abilities, as well as demanding and complex clients
- Fast learner with the desire to continuously build on your existing knowledge
- Strong client facing skills and confidence in running client meetings
- Ambition to learn and grow, with a commitment to excellence and a passion for marketing and media relations
- Good commercial acumen
- You will immerse yourself in your clients, developing an understanding of their business, objectives and strategy as well as their competitors and recognise how your work can make a real difference to their business
- Establish a meaningful relationship with the highest level contact in your clients’ business, acting as their external business partner
- Show leadership by inspiring and motivating more junior members of the team, giving them opportunities to develop and lead on strands of client accounts
- Work alongside the strategists to ensure forward planning is aligned with clients’ strategy and objectives
- Set the standard for engaging and insightful written content across a range of different platforms
- Work alongside the head of content and strategists to develop strategic, multi-channel content campaigns for existing clients and new business pitches
- Grow your network and enhance your professional profile by attending relevant industry and networking events
- You are a leader, taking ownership and responsibility, collaborating to get optimum performance from those you work with and ensuring results exceed the client’s expectations. You are not afraid to take on stuff that takes you out of your comfort zone.
- You add real value to clients, with a results-driven attitude and a creative thought process.
- You have a talent for implementing and managing successful PR and marketing campaigns, with a suitable network of media contacts.
- Your interpersonal skills are of real value to both your clients and the people you work with.
- Your commercial acumen means that you maximise the growth potential on your accounts, advising on the benefit of services from other areas of the agency that will enhance the clients’ business.