Due to new business wins, this multi award winning Manchester based PR Agency has one or possibly two new PR Account Manager vacancies. They are looking for either a PR Account Manager to work across a mix of consumer and B2B clients or a PR Account Manager to work on either Consumer or B2B clients (depending on the individuals previous experience).
Clients are cover tourist/leisure attractions, trade, food and drink, retail, FMCG and interiors.
Aside from over 60 leading industry awards they are also officially recognised as by PR Week and Prolific North Top within their top 30 PR Agencies, their values (nurture, aspiration, accountability, courage, adaptability and rigour) are embedded into the agency’s day to day operations, and they regularly recognise and reward staff for demonstrating these values within their roles.
It’s really important that whoever joins their team fits these values and will match their passion, positivity and supportive culture, whilst delivering world class work.
The role is full-time and on a permanent basis. You will be responsible for –
- Develop and implement strategic PR plans to achieve KPIs
- Driving the PR programme for all clients as laid out in the agreed programme of activity with your account director
- Serve as the main liaison between clients and the agency, ensuring effective communication and understanding of client objectives
- Conduct thorough research and analysis to identify media opportunities, trends, and industry insights to achieve results
- Creating compelling press releases, media pitches, and other written materials ensuring they’re delivered to the highest standard
- Build and maintain relationships with key media contacts, influencers, and industry professionals to leverage partnerships and secure media placements
- Monitor and analyse media coverage, providing impactful reports to clients, demonstrating the value of our work
- Plan and manage the organisation of events ranging from workshops, photo calls, media and influencer events, round-tables etc. on behalf of clients.
- Assist the senior team in supporting clients during crisis situations – helping to develop crisis communication plans and monitoring media coverage and social channels
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, emerging PR techniques, and new media platforms, continuously bringing fresh ideas to enhance clients’ PR strategies
- Lead meetings. Ensuring that preparation for the meeting is well organised and that account directors or seniors are fully briefed on meeting contents.
- Motivating and guiding the team of execs to provide the utmost level of client service
- Promoting our range of services and the expansion of business with existing clients
- Working with the senior team on new business briefs and pitches
- Ensuring projects are completed to a specific schedule and within an agreed budget
- Staying up-to-date with industry best practices and emerging trends to continually enhance PR strategies
Essential experience required
- 2-3 years experience working on big consumer brands or B2B clients within an agency or similar environment
- Demonstrated experience of developing and implementing multi-channel creative campaigns across PR, social, influencer marketing and events, to achieve desired outcomes
- Strong understanding of PR strategies, media relations, and digital PR practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to craft engaging content and deliver compelling presentations
- Complete understanding of how the media works in the particular areas in which you operate – the opportunities available and building relationships with journalists etc.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge and experience in PR for SEO – ability to generate backlinks from online coverage and optimise content, using search tools to inform your approach
- Proven experience of developing rigorous evaluation metrics and client reports that demonstrate the effectiveness of PR
- A creative mindset with the ability to think outside the box and develop innovative PR campaigns
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with clients, media contacts, and team members
As well as a competitive salary, you will also receive –
- 25 days holiday and your birthday off
- Statutory pension scheme
- Company laptop
- Summer hours – early finish throughout July and August
- A structured development programme
- Access to a dedicated mentor
- Personal development fund – £250 a year to spend on anything you want to develop an interest/ hobby/ life skill, non work related
- Regular socials / team building activities
- Monthly lunch and learn sessions featuring external experts
- Peer to peer reward system where points can be cashed in for vouchers, days off, meals out etc
- Discretionary annual company bonus scheme