PR Account Manager
Published: 9 June 2022
Location: Leeds or Manchester
My client is a multi award-winning PR & Communications agency that truly creates advantage for their clients.
From public affairs to consumer PR, crisis management to digital and everything in between, they help clients across the UK and around the world to build their brand, implement effective comms strategies and engage with their audiences better than ever before.
They’re a sociable bunch who offer you a whole host of benefits including 4pm Friday finishes, hybrid working, training workshops and regular socials – not to mention the opportunity to work across award winning global campaigns! They’re growing fast, winning pitches and looking for the best talent to join them!
About the role
They’re looking for a PR Account Manager, ideally with a mix of both a consumer and corporate PR background. You could be based from either their Leeds or Manchester office, with a hybrid, flexible working pattern. As an Account Manager, you’ll be responsible for managing the delivery of effective and creative PR solutions which surprise and delight their clients. You’ll be fully adept at building strong relationships with the media along with being a skilled people manager. You’ll also be exposed to working on pitches and developing new business.
- Utilise knowledge of traditional and digital media to maximise PR opportunities, promoting the range of PR services available to clients
- Interpret and respond to client briefs and develop effective communication strategies using media expertise, creativity tools and data driven insights, resulting in creative solutions for their clients
- Create news stories and build media relationships that will deliver coverage
- Contribute to new business activities and pitches
- Managing and supporting the Account Executive/Senior Account Executives in the delivery of their roles
- Assist the senior management team in developing long-term client satisfaction
- Monitor the media landscape for new opportunities to sell in additional products and services to clients to enhance revenue and profitability
- Connect with colleagues from across the agency network, leveraging opportunities to work together to enhance professional development and learning
- Manage personal and team time meticulously, identifying and resolving time-based issues effectively as well as assisting junior staff in managing their workloads
- Seek out training initiatives and learning opportunities to enhance personal and team development
- Mentor and develop junior colleagues resolving or escalating issues promptly, and celebrating successes
- Develop a personal network of internal and external industry contacts, identifying new business opportunities
- PR experience (ideally gained within an agency environment or clients-side)
- Strong understanding of both traditional and digital public relations
- Local media connections
- Curious – a desire to learn, improve, apply new knowledge and develop self
- Excellent grasp of clients’ marketplaces, audiences and routes to market
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Confident networker
- Organised with excellent time management skills
- Supportive, inspiring and motivational team player
- Personal drive and passion for the industry
- Self-aware and able to adapt personal style and approach to clients and team
What you can expect?
You can expect an energetic working environment in either their Manchester or Leeds office, both of which are located in the heart of the city centres.
You’ll get great exposure to some major household names from the get-go. Their clients include Yo! Sushi, BT, HSBC, National Grid and First Bus.
They have regular team socials to get out of the office and try something new, and they finish early on Fridays. Other benefits include a competitive salary, flexible working, free fruit, a company pension scheme, and an increasing holiday scheme (starting at 25 up to 30 days).
They encourage personal development and will set out a clear career path for you. From day one you will be given autonomy and exposure to their interesting and varied clients. You’ll also be able to sign up to their range of training workshops, from writing courses to sessions on commercial finance, resilience, creativity and many more!
With excellent staff retention and progression, forward-thinking benefits and a supportive and dynamic working culture, they are looking for their next northern team member who can demonstrate passion, ambition, a can-do attitude and an eagerness to learn.