My client is an award-winning communications agency specialising in delivering engaging and impactful campaigns for purpose-driven organisations.
They are a small but fast-growing ambitious team, passionate about driving positive change for society and the environment.
Their clients include charities, NGOs, and commercial companies looking to do business in a way that means better outcomes for all.
In addition to client work, they also deliver in-house campaigns on female empowerment and the environment, as well as their own podcast.
As part of this growth they are looking to add an Account Executive or Senior Account Executive, with excellent written ability and experience of media sell-ins, to their team!
The responsibilities include:
- Drafting excellently-written press releases and comment pieces in a timely fashion
- Selling-in stories to the media until the desired outcome has been achieved
- Being a dynamic go-getter with a hunger to progress and maintain their excellent standards
- Supporting account managers to deliver for clients pro-actively
- Working closely with the senior team to identify ways of using the media to influence public opinion with the end result of changing the law on environmental and human interest campaigns
The ideal candidate will have:
- 12 months or more experience in a similar agency role or working in-house for an organisation relevant to the kind of sectors mentioned (NGO’s, charities, non – profits, environmental, ethical consumer)
- Demonstrable writing skills pertaining to engaging with audiences for the above
- A passion for teamwork with strong communications skills and the ability to form effective working relationships with colleagues, clients, partners and suppliers
- An excellent grasp of the news agenda and a solid grasp of how to reach both corporate and consumer target audiences
- A more than passing interest in politics, the environment, sustainability, social change etc. would be very advantageous as it’s a common theme/valued throughout the current team.
- Experience as a journalist would be a bonus but not a requirement.
- Hybrid working environment (3 days office-based, 2 days at home)
- Premium workspace including gym, reading room and wellness events
- In job training PRCA membership
- Car and bike salary sacrifice schemes
- 22 days holiday + bank holidays
- Regular team events/socials