PR Senior Account Manager – Senior Account Manager
Published: 14 January 2022
Salary: £26 - £35K
My client is a multi-award-wining PR and social media agency, who is looking to appoint an experienced PR and social media senior account manager to join its Leeds-based office.
Clients are mainly consumer and cover homeware, garden sector, food and drink and charity.
Work logistics are hybrid so split between office and home, although if you wanted to work permanently from the office you could do.
Benefits are – competitive salary, flexible working hours, medical insurance and staff added value reward scheme.
An account manager/senior account manager drives an account. You should be a capable and confident operator who has a thorough understanding of the required media and communication skills and who is fully in control of the media tools available to create the required media coverage in all PR areas. The role should be to carry out the execution of the strategies and activities as detailed by their account directors, ensuring that programmes and objectives are being adhered to, and that their accounts are well organised.
Social Media and Digital
- Manage effective social strategies and content plans for clients
- Create and devise innovative content
- Provide clients with the latest, best in practice social media and digital developments to benefit their business
- Writing coherent and factually accurate press releases that only require exceptional amends from seniors and clients.
- Ability to draft feature copy for trade, corporate and business publications for client that is well informed and appropriate to the end user with minimal client or media amendment.
- Amending and improving press releases, internal copy for newsletters etc. drafted by account executives.
- Capable of writing creative new business proposals with direction from account director, and drafting evaluation reports, speeches and presentations as required.
- Complete understanding of how the media works in the particular areas in which you operate – the opportunities available and building relationships with journalists etc.
- Driving the media relations programme for all clients.
- Pro-actively seeking and identifying publicity opportunities.
- Overseeing programmes of media promotional activity
- Proactively looking for opportunities to grow the media horizons of the client.
- Competent in all verbal approaches to journalists – consumer, business-to-business and trade – to sell in ideas and discuss opportunities.
- Plan and manage the organisation of events ranging from workshops, photo calls, press conferences, training days etc. on behalf of clients.
- Negotiate major media promotions and advertorials.
- Alert clients to PR risk or opportunities presented by broader areas of corporate responsibility, e.g.: employment practices, health and safety at work.
- Select and develop sponsorships including planning, contractual agreements and activity organisation.
- Lead new business brainstorms and have a creative input in all new business pitches within account group.
- Play the central role in the team and take full responsibility for your clients and any problems.
- Have developed useful and relevant business contacts.
- To motivate and supervise a team.
- Have a full understanding of financial controls on all accounts, mark-up rules and budgeting procedures.
- Commission and analyse research including surveys and focus groups.