PR & Social Senior Account Manager – Account Director
Published: 17 February 2022
Salary: £35 - £45K
Are you a PR & Social Senior Account Manager – Account Director with a passion for luxury PR?
We are working with an international PR agency that specialises in luxury travel, hospitality, health and beauty clients, who have an exciting new SAM or AD role.
The role will be the MD’s second in command and will offer fantastic opportunities as the office and team grows. As the agency is at the beginning of its expansion and the current team is small, the role will be a very ‘hands on’ role, so for those at an AD level, it is important to understand it will be a ‘doing’ role e.g. press release writing, media relations as well as the client liaison, strategic and business development responsibilities.
- Manage a number key client accounts to meet their needs in line with agreed project plan and targets.
- Be the main point of contact for strategic Public Relations/Social Media advice, guidance and issue resolution for designated clients, providing excellent client service.
- Develop creative, innovative, on-point Public Relations/Social Media plans and campaigns for designated clients based on extensive industry knowledge and deep insights.
- Set project plans, delegate tasks to junior team members and oversee delivery according to project timeframes and standards.
- Create, review and edit press releases, pitch emails, interview briefings, social media content and other campaign materials prepared by self or junior team members, adapting style and tone according to target audience and media platform.
- Maintain and manage relationships with an extensive and varied range of journalists, influencers and other key industry contacts, including hosting media entertainment.
- Oversee and participate in pitches by team members of press releases/social media and feature ideas to journalists and influencers, across print, broadcast and online to interest them in covering clients’ stories.
- Oversee and arrange press launches and client events and provide direction to ensure smooth execution of events.
- Provide leadership, coaching, guidance and feedback to junior team members working on client accounts.
- Play a key role in business development by generating further business from existing clients and/or securing new accounts via networking and leading pitches and proposals.
Ideally you will have:
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in PR/Social Media.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of UK media landscape, and excellent national, trade, consumer, local and regional media contacts – specifically in travel, hospitality and beauty.
- Experience in leading a team to deliver customer service excellence.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, as well as excellent presentation skills.
- Extensive knowledge of various social media platforms.
- Ability to build strong, lasting relationships, trust and credibility with an extensive network of clients, colleagues, journalists and other stakeholders and use these in support of clients and the business.
- Excellent client service skills, with ability to lead project teams to deliver client service excellence.
- Project management experience with a consistent record of delivering projects to meet timeframes, budgets and targets.
- Capacity to work independently.
- A good balance of creative flair and strong business acumen.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to lead various project teams to deliver services amidst competing priorities without compromising on quality, deadlines or accuracy.
- High levels of resilience and an ability to role model this to junior team members.
- Demonstrated professionalism including being punctual, well presented, responsive and reliable.
- A strong desire to learn and develop professionally and to help junior team members to grow in their careers.
- A commitment to stay across industry development/trends and share industry knowledge with colleagues through mentoring, peer learning etc.