Public Affairs Director – home working – 4 day working week
Published: 14 April 2022
Location: home working – 4 day working week
My client is a consultancy that is breaks the mould… Launched 2.5 years ago, they operate as a cross between a think tank, economics/data consultancy and a public affairs agency.
They are a small but fast-growing start-up looking to expand their team. They are looking for a Director (Public Affairs) to help support their current projects, clients and win new work.
They work on a huge variety of projects from Levelling Up Fund and Freeports applications to running the Global Britain Commission and delivering high-impact campaigns for private clients often centred around research reports and new analysis. Clients currently cover blue chip, airports, government, construction, local authorities, aviation and transport.
They operate a flat structure and the team comprises of a mix of economists and PA consultants who all have impressive career backgrounds and have joined the consultancy to be part of a progressive and growing company which undertake genuinely interesting work.
They have adopted a home working model with options for shared work space as and when you want to ‘get out’ of the house. They also work a 4-day week (no one works on a Friday), to encourage a good work/life balance.
They are looking for quirky people with interesting perspectives and ideas. Applicants need to be numerate (ideally with a STEM background or interest), good at writing, has an excellent understanding of politics, campaigning, directly managing clients and work winning.
Sense of humour essential. They are not a big soulless corporate – they like personality.
- Overseeing the delivery of client projects across public affairs and policy work ensuring its quality and impact
- Taking a leading role in business development
- Supporting work winning and pitches/proposals
- Create and deliver strategies to help clients achieve their policy/advocacy objectives
- Relationship building with key politicians/influencers
- Managing project budgets and delivery
- Researching policy topics and providing strategic advice for clients
- Leading on ‘think-tank style report’ development and delivery
- Supporting day-to-day relationships with clients
- Because we are a small start-up be prepared to ‘muck in’ across a variety of other areas too
- Sense of humour.
- Has a personality.
- STEM background/numerate.
- Wants to help a start-up grow, develop and win new work.
- ‘Can do’ mindset.
- Excellent writer/communicator.
- Has interesting perspectives and ideas.
- Good Westminster/influencer connections.
- 5+ years in policy/public affairs/a think tank.
Salary: £45-55,000 depending on experience (for 4 days, i.e., £56,250-£68,750 FTE).
3-month probationary period.
Apple MacBook.Apply Now