My client is a sector specialist communications consultancy for the built environment. Who is looking for someone to head up and grow their Yorkshire and North East operation.
The consultancy provides their private and public sector clients with expert counsel and communications services including public affairs, planning communications, corporate communications, public relations, and marketing.
They are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic individual with an interest in politics and the built environment to act as the company’s senior business leader within the Yorkshire and North East region and to take responsibility for its growth and development.
This is one of the most senior roles within their business and crucial in helping them grow their income from clients across Yorkshire and the North East. They want to find the right person to build a team in Leeds who will take responsibility for leading and coordinating the delivery of strategic growth via a number of key responsibilities;
- Maintaining and growing a valuable portfolio of profitable and satisfied clients
- Developing, leading and creating a high performing team
- Securing our future income through successful new business
- Design and implement proactive marketing and new business campaigns across Yorkshire and North East
What you’ll need to know
- Political – An up-to-date knowledge of the political system at national and local levels and experience dealing with regional politicians
- Planning – Experience working within The Town & Country Planning Act and also, ideally, with Development Consent Orders; both across a variety of sectors
- Business networks – Must have links and relationships with business networks to help support new business development by referral and should be capable of building further networks and contacts
- Regional issues – Knowledge of existing and emerging regional issues affecting clients and potential clients
- Management – A strong, creative and proactive approach to management together with excellent interpersonal, communication and motivational skills
- Communication – Excellent negotiation and communication skills with a good understanding of sales, marketing and media relations
- Planning and organising – The ability to plan, organise and prioritise activity, balancing resources, skills, priorities and timescales to achieve objectives
- Client focus – Maximise the team’s contribution to the business and in delivering unbeatable value to the client at every opportunity
- Commercial awareness – Has thought and consideration for the business environment they work in, whilst assessing a process for identifying, protecting and exploiting ideas and knowledge that may have potential commercial value and impact on the bottom line