Public Affairs & PR Senior Account Manager – Account Director
Published: 10 January 2022
Location: York/ Hybrid
This national communications agency is looking to appoint an experienced Senior Account Manager or Account Director who can play a positive role in growing and expanding their office in York and in building our client portfolio across the region.
Working for high-profile clients in sectors including housing, energy and infrastructure, and working on major regeneration schemes and nationally significant infrastructure projects, you will be helping clients to understand the political and planning landscape in which they bring forward development proposals, identifying community support and working to achieve consent.
This is an exciting opportunity and a chance for the right candidate to stamp their mark on a successful and expanding business. They need someone who can connect across the business, but also work independently. Generally a Senior Account Manager would have a minimum of three years’ experience and an Account Director five years’ experience.
The role of Senior Account Manager
The role of the Senior Account Manager is to expand client relationships and use their initiative to drive accounts and the agency forward, suggesting new ideas for products and services and more efficient and effective ways of working, in terms of account delivery and people management.
You would be responsible for:
- Maintain and expand relationships with existing clients
- Contribute to effective monthly forecasting, hitting income targets and having an appreciation of monthly fee earner capacity versus output
- Prepare a business case and secure internal management approval for new initiatives that will increase revenue and/or efficiency
- Maintain a consistent level of high-quality service across a portfolio of client accounts, using experience and creative thinking to evolve the accounts, keeping them fresh and exceeding client expectations
- Be an excellent communicator- written and verbal
- Work closely with the team to get the best results out of the relationships
- Be able to run a brainstorming session and understanding the value of creativity for an account
- Attend and present at client meetings and internal meetings to aid new business development.
- Offer a safe and trusted pair of hands
- Inspire confidence in the team
- Be able to deliver a pitch presentation
- Conceive and manage events
- Draft new business documents
The role of Account Director
The Account Director owns campaign objectives and drives campaigns forward in every sense and this includes a proactive delivery role.
You would be responsible for:
- Formulation of account strategies and contributing to the development of agency policies
- Monitoring, recording, analysing and reporting on sector and industry trends highlighting the impact on the agency and our client base, proposing solutions where appropriate
- Attending management meetings and playing a positive role during these meetings, contributing new ideas to evolve account, personnel and agency performance
- Reporting to the Director on account profitability
- Conducting interviews with new staff as well as appraisals with direct reports
- Directing and controlling delivery across all client accounts
- Developing and using an existing network of industry contacts to generate new business leads and convert them into revenue
- Planning, developing and implementing strategy for staff training and development and establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of this
- Liaising with members of the client account team to understand progress
- H&S, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care