Public relations, engagement and public affairs strategist
Published: 16 June 2022
Salary: £27 - £30K
My client is an award winning agency that is on the lookout for a Public relations, engagement and public affairs strategist (traditionally called an Account Manager) to work on a mix of public sector and B2B clients across infrastructure and construction, government and public sector, membership organisations and regulatory bodies, and road-user charging and tolling.
- Producing creative and engaging content for public relations and marketing campaigns.
- Media relations, including media liaison, research, writing and ‘selling in’ of editorial content to both traditional and digital based media channels.
- Planning and delivering creative and innovative public relations and communications
strategies and campaigns across paid, earned, shared and owned media.
- Build relationships with editors, journalists and bloggers.
- Stakeholder, community and influencer identification and engagement.
- General client management and liaison.
- Taking client briefs, briefing in-house designers and managing design projects.
- Supporting on crisis and issues-based public relations activities, including out-of-hours
handling of media and client calls, as required.
- Devising and delivering social media campaigns and content.
- Collaboration with colleagues planning and delivering wider campaigns across the business.
- Evaluating client campaigns to measure effectiveness and demonstrate ROI.
- Budget preparation and management, including commissioning of, and liaison with, external suppliers.
- Planning and scheduling photography and video, as well as assisting with video editing.
- Business development support, administration and other duties that may arise from time to
Skills / knowledge
- Great written and verbal communications skills
- A good understanding of news and current affairs agendas
- Intelligence, ability to think critically and solve challenging problems
- The ability to plan and deliver campaigns across paid, earned, social and owned media
- Excellent copywriting skills
- An eye for a story and knowledge of how to engage with journalists to secure media coverage
- Ability to create great written content (and direct photography /video) for different channels across paid, earned, shared and owned media, and for different target audiences
- Ability to set SMART objectives and evaluate and measure success of campaign work Public relations, engagement and public affairs strategist
- Reflect our core behaviours of honesty, impact, communication, passion, collaboration and curiosity
- Be results-oriented and able to work calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Be a team player, as well as someone who can lead projects on their own initiative
- Have pride in your work and expect high standards from yourself and colleagues