Senior Brand & PR Manager
Published: 28 October 2021
Salary: £40 - £45K
This well-known retailer has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Brand & PR Manager, within their Marketing & Communications team.
Working logistics are full time in the offices based in Speke, but they do offer flexible working hours.
They are looking for someone passionate about PR, with knowledge of the social and digital industry. You’ll be experienced in developing and executing high-profile PR initiatives and campaigns, and handling complex press office queries. This role will involve managing and developing a small team, as well as managing senior stakeholder relationships.
The Key Accountabilities:
- Be responsible for creating and delivering a strong PR strategy, from inception to execution
- Analysing media coverage to develop a calendar of activity to drive sales and brand awareness
- Have a wealth of experience launching brands & handling the re-brand of products
- Be competent in the development and management of media campaigns
- Write and produce content for press releases
- Manage the content creation for the colleague app – driving engagement through creative copywriting
- Build and maintain key calendars and media lists
- Video recording and managing editing to support internal campaigns
- Dealing with enquires from the public, the press and related organisations
- Build long-term relations with suppliers, press, influencers etc.
- Create product look books for journalists to ensure that we maximise our exposure
- Be able think on your feet and react quickly to effectively deal with urgent press enquiring and as part of the disaster recovery team you will play a lead role in managing the press in crisis situations
- Work cross functionally with designers, buyers, website and communications to ensure that planned PR campaigns are aligned and support business strategies
- Ad Hoc projects and initiatives
The ideal candidate(s) will have the following skills/experience:
- Solid PR/ Events account management experience in an agency environment
- Experience managing commercial partnerships, Inc. brand activation & experiential
- Good understanding of relationship between PR and SEO
- Able to control and manage budgets and review campaigns
- Extensive network of contacts across lifestyle and national news publications
- Strong leader – able to motivate, manage and develop a team
- Excellent communication skills including ability to present to directors & high level clients
- Competent in working on integrated consumer communications campaigns and able to devise and implement plans with creative flair
- Able to think outside the box, creative and goes the extra mile to drive initiatives!
- Flexible approach with a positive, can-do attitude