Senior Content Manager
Published: 24 March 2022
Location: Home working
My client is a fast expanding consumer retailer credit provider.
They have recently appointed a new Head of Marketing who has restructured the marketing department and is bringing the marketing function more in house and as such is growing the marketing team.
They are looking to bring in an experienced Content Manager to lead the content marketing within the company. The role will be very hands on but in time a small content and social media team will be built around this person (they want this person in place before recruiting anyone else to the team, so you can hand pick their team).
The ideal candidate will have 5 plus years’ experience working in content marketing role. They are looking for someone who has pure content experience as oppose to having worked in content as part of a wider marketing role.
Logistics – the role is mainly home based (although welcome to be based in Newcastle-under-Lyme HQ). You will be required to attend the monthly ‘town hall’ meeting, where the team gets together for a catch up.
The senior content manager is responsible for the development of a content-led strategy along with hands-on delivery of the content required. The output will cover all used tactics and channels with a key focus on our target audience.
Strategically minded with an in-depth understanding of the B2B buyer journey, the senior content manager plays a consultative role both internally and with clients to plan, create and execute content campaigns that are B2B and B2C focused.
With the ability to write content for multiple formats from across the content marketing matrix, the senior content manager specialises in translating complex, technical subjects into accessible, engaging content experiences that make a difference in our clients’ worlds.
- Supporting the Head of Marketing to develop strategic, intelligent and inspirational content campaigns that create standout in the B2B consumer finance space
- Ability to apply relevant content frameworks such as the help, hub, hero model to support a structured approach to content strategy and development
- Support with the development and evolution of the content service line and align with overall marketing strategy
- Proactive approach to keeping up to speed with the latest content marketing trends in the B2B marketplace and sharing learnings internally
- Demonstrating the confidence to present and back up recommendations and approaches to content both internally and with clients
- Awareness of methods and metrics to measure success of content campaigns and ability to identify opportunities for optimization
- Working collaboratively across teams to get the best results for example client handling, creative services, strategy and digital
- Writing high quality, engaging pieces of content across multiple formats including whitepapers, editorial, press releases, blogs, social media, infographics and video scripts
- Managing workload to ensure timely delivery of content according to deadlines and priorities as well as awareness of the time allocated to jobs to ensure efficiency and optimal contribution
- Strong understanding of the financial market with the ability to conduct own research to further knowledge
- Ability to adapt style and tone of voice according to business, audience, format and channel
- Championing standards of excellence in BDB’s approach to content creation, by ensuring content meets the brief provided and is presented in the most appropriate format
- Reviewing content to identify any inaccuracies in spelling, punctuation, or grammar, as well as considerations for style, structure and messaging
- Working alongside account handling team to clarify client expectations and build knowledge of client preferences
- Providing constructive and helpful feedback to the wider team on content and giving guidance to wider team on best practice content creation
- Conducting in-depth research to ensure that content is insight-driven and resonates with the relevant audience and industry challenges
- Identifying the story for a piece of content – supporting the communication of a client’s purpose
- Applying SEO best practice to content creation where relevant to ensure that content is optimised for search
- Support and drive growth of content service line by demonstrating the value of ‘transformational’ content to clients and prospects
- Contribute to new business opportunities through sales supporting content
- Exhibiting commercial awareness around the content creation process – finding ways to optimise efficiency and added value / ROI for clients