Social Media Account Director – Home/Manchester
Published: 21 April 2022
Salary: £40 - £45K
This highly decorated Manchester based Consumer PR & Content Agency is looking for a new Social Media Account Director to work across a mix of big brand consumer retail, well-being and health, home improvements and FMCG clients.
They are looking for someone who is passionate about what they do, good fun and overall a nice person to work with. In return you will have the opportunity to join a well-established agency and grow and expand their social media offering.
The role will involve expertly juggling multiple clients and projects with the highest standard of planning, managerial, organisational, creative and financial skills. You will take on the management and direction of pieces of retained business as well as the responsibility of a small but growing team. You will help enhance and grow the agency’s expertise, services and output in Social Media (all channels) and will be the social ambassador for the consultancy.
You will have excellent organic and paid social media knowledge and will be regarded as trusted advisors by their clients. As a team manager, you will lead in developing your team to success and help them be the best they can be.
- Looking for an opportunity to turbo-charge your career (and win loads of awards)?
- Got a passion for all things Social Media and love working for big brands?
- Then this is the job for you
- We’re looking for an experienced Social Media Account Director (or a SAM with their eye on the prize) who is highly creative, strategic, organised, ambitious, a natural writer, commercially astute and, of course, an all-round, friendly team player
- And you’ll get to join the senior management team working across a variety of high-profile consumer brands and accounts
- You’ll have all the skills including experience of drafting, scheduling and engaging with content across a variety of social channels; knowledge of all social platforms; adept at nailing a tone of voice; experience in paid-social; plus top-flight client handling and team management skills
- This is a full-time role with on the job and external training provided
- A current awareness and competence across all social media platforms is maintained to ensure that programmes utilise the correct channels and vehicles to reach target audiences and influencers.
- An awareness of the wider social, political and economic landscape and its implications for each client is in evidence.
- Solid team management and developmental skills.
- Confidence that BAU content can be sent directly to clients, on brief and with no mistakes without needing senior sign off.
- Skilled client manager with a track record of developing long lasting relationships.
- ‘Gravitas’ as a trusted consumer communications advisor in all that you write, say and do
- Ability to have a calming influence on junior members of the team in pressurised and/or challenging situations
- Have a good understanding of social media in general and the wider digital landscape and to be able to advise the wider agency of best practices and discuss with specialist team members at a high level.
- Up to date with new channels emerging and be quick to flag if they would be relevant or of interest to any clients within the agency.
- Lead in measurement and report writing
- Ability to develop and undertake a digital audit for new clients and new business briefs
- Be adept at using GA and analysing results
- Expert at all analytics tools
- Management of content BAU creation from concept to activation
- Full and complete understanding of how to identify online opinion formers / influencers – keeping abreast of the latest digital media influencers relating to your clients and their respective products
- Great salaries with performance-based bonuses
- Flexible working
- In-house Wellbeing & Life Coach
- Internal training & skills academy, PDP’s, twice yearly reviews, Buddy & Mentor scheme
- Other soft benefits inc Wellbeing Time, Wellbeing Wednesdays, Monthly Team Huddles, Thursday Zoom Drinks, Blue Sky Time, Duvet Days, Internal Awards and more