This highly regarded award winning agency has a rare opportunity for a PR Account Director to join its growing Leeds team.
You will work across B2B/corporate clients within the built environment, education, healthcare, infrastructure, transport and public sector.
They are looking for a seasoned media relations professional with the ability to think strategically, you will play a leading role in helping clients build their profile and unlock new opportunities through creative, purposeful campaigns.
As a senior contact for clients, you will manage and oversee account teams to ensure work is delivered on time and on budget and that client objectives are met.
Commercially minded, you will be adept at building relationships with our clients, key commentators, industry spokespeople and senior journalists. You will be confident in providing top tier counsel to clients on communications strategy, media relations and reputation management, as well as directing and leading PR projects and campaigns. Experience in property and infrastructure communications and an understanding of planning consultation and stakeholder engagement would be an advantage.
Proactively managing several of your own client accounts, you will be skilled at balancing your account director responsibilities with supporting and nurturing junior colleagues. You will be able to confidently direct and manage a team, delegate activity appropriately and motivate team members to provide the required level of tactical and creative output, while monitoring work to ensure it meets the highest standards.
As a senior member of the team, you will support the business in achieving its financial targets, deliver new business opportunities and grow existing accounts. You will also be called upon to provide ideas and input into new business proposals, including end-to-end management of business proposal development.
They work with some amazing businesses, entrepreneurs and individuals. What you’ll get from them is an employer who cares about you and your development and about making a positive difference in the places where they work.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Establish and proactively manage senior client relationships
- Plan and implement successful communications campaigns across digital and traditional media
- Help develop results-driven communications and campaign strategies
- Recognise media angles, sell in and generate positive news coverage, profile pieces and thought leadership features across a broad media spectrum
- Lead new business activity, identifying opportunities and leading on proposals and pitches
- A keen ability to recognise a strong media angle and know how to pitch this into both a client and a journalist
- High standard of professionalism when engaging with clients and other contacts
- A proven ability to develop and manage positive relationships with clients, colleagues and professional networks
- Outstanding writing skills, with experience of writing bespoke content for different audiences and media
- A keen understanding of strategy development and of how to use insights to shape effective communications strategies
- A strong understanding of digital and social media and how to integrate these channels alongside traditional PR to deliver excellent results
- A strong understanding of measuring and reporting the impact of communications and marketing activity
- Highly organised and adaptable to rapidly changing situations
- An experienced media relations practitioner with strong journalist relationships and a deep understanding of the regional and national media landscape
- A proven track record of delivering effective results through communications and PR campaigns
- Leadership of individuals or teams, with a track record of motivating and managing others to deliver successful campaigns
- Strong project management experience and expertise in managing multiple projects concurrently
- Experience in property, place and/ or public sector PR
- Experience in community consultation and stakeholder engagement
- A broad understanding of the political challenges facing the UK and its regions (particularly the North).
- An understanding of/ interest in the regional and Northern political landscape and key stakeholders