B2B PR Account Manager – Senior Account Manager
Published: 17 February 2022
My client is a communications agency with various offices across the UK. They are expanding their Manchester team and are looking to appoint a new B2B PR Account Manager/Senior Account Manager.
Clients are B2B focused and cover tech, sustainability, construction, property, logistics, transport and equity firms.
Working logistics – split between the Manchester office and home.
You will be responsible for managing parallel projects to meet clients’ objectives. Delegating appropriately to junior staff and supervising the quality of their work. Working under the guidance of an Account Director, using own initiative when working on accounts, the position plays a major role in client liaison and is responsible for maintaining high levels of engagement with colleagues, as well as high levels of client satisfaction. Contribute to the retention of clients and business growth.
- Attend client meetings (usually but not always with an Account Director present) and structure creative marketing and PR plans to direct appropriate activity
- Manage the activity of team executives to deliver the planned activity
- Play a key role in winning new business for the company including writing proposals/presentations, attending pitches and generating leads.
- Attend networking events and seek out opportunities to build contacts.
- Work in an integrated way with the wider business, seeking out opportunities to introduce new services to clients.
- Manage the client feedback process; working with junior staff to deliver accurate cuttings, analysis and reports, as required
- Deliver agreed PR/marketing goals with clients on a regular/monthly basis, using skills, experience, contacts and imagination to achieve targeted
- results against objectives, and flagging up any potential issues that might occur
- Create opportunities for positive engagement with targeted audiences through a range of platforms
- Build and maintain relationships with third party suppliers and production staff and negotiate best rates on behalf of clients and control budgets.
- Seek out, maintain and build relationships with journalists/bloggers/influencers and other stakeholders to meet the client’s objectives
- Lead media relations activity and proactively seek out new opportunities.
- Present results to clients on a regular/monthly basis to track spend in relation to budget and agree future plans
- Respond quickly to crisis management situations, under supervision by a Director or an Account Director; briefing clients at short notice and preparing responses
- Take part in client training delivery such as media training Working with an Account Director, develop a marketing communications strategy to satisfy the needs of the client and deliver agreed goals and regularly exceed expectations